I hope you enjoyed your weekend!
Tuesday, February 26th - Jr. Choir Interest Meeting
Thursday, February 28th - Garden Club
Saturday, March 2nd - District UIL Competition
- Please join the PTA. We are trying to have 100% participation.
- Yearbook - 2018-2019 FCE Yearbooks are now on sale! Yearbooks will only be sold ONLINE again this year - cash or check payments will only be accepted in May after all pre-ordered books are distributed but don’t wait til then - they may all sell out! The earlier you order, the less you pay! Orders placed before December 20th are only $25 - starting on December 21st, the price increases to $30. Click here to see information flyer. Go to www.balfour.com and enter Forest Creek Elementary to make your purchase - you will also be able to design and purchase your own HOWL on that same site! A HOWL is a business card sized ad that allows you to recognize your student or a staff member in the yearbook.
- Walk to Read - We are collecting hardcover books and money to donate to Libraries of Love for children in Africa. During our Walk to Read Event, on March 8th, 2019 at 1:30 pm, all the students will walk around the track carrying a hardcover book and then we will all stop and read together before donating the book to go to Africa. The FCE Service Club will assist. Monetary donations will also be accepted.
- Science Day is coming to Forest Creek again on Friday May 3, 2019. Please help us to recruit parents who could serve on an organizing committee, and who might help present science to the kids. We are especially interested in finding NEW presenters in ALL branches of science who can join us to turn on some light-bulbs to help kids learn that science lives outside the classroom and in every part of their lives. If you can help in any way, please contact Lori Wright, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jr. Coyote Choir Interest Meeting -ATTENTION ALL SINGERS in Kindergarten, 1st, and 2nd grade: This spring you have an opportunity to join the Junior Coyote Choir. This will be a singing group which rehearses every Tuesday after school, gives concerts at school and around the community, and has a lot of fun! There will be an informational meeting on Tuesday, February 26 from 3:10-3:40 in Mrs. McDaniel’s music room (#305). If being in the choir sounds even a little bit interesting, please attend the meeting to find out more. Only those who are there will be eligible to audition—we need to get started right away!
- Group/Spring Individual Picture Day - Group and individual Spring pictures will be Thursday, March 7th - to receive a class photo, you must pre-order using the order form that will be sent home, or you may order online, as noted on the form. Your child’s individual Spring photo proof will be sent home to each student at a later date.
- FCE Spring Carnival 2019 - Our PTA has been busy planning this years Spring Carnival on April 26th, 2019 and we are excited to offer discounted pre-sale wristbands and raffle ticket bundles. Pre-Sale will begin at Kinder Roundup on March 13th from 9am-2pm
This week we are learning:
Science and Social Studies
Objects in the Sky
Fairytales, Folktakes, Myths, and Legends
Individual Word Sorts
The Indian in the Cupboard
Have a fantastic week and let me know if you need anything.